Troop 63 offers an exciting and challenging outdoor program which includes ten monthly outings each scouting year. These outings are selected by the Scouts during a meeting of their patrol leaders' council. The Scoutmaster acts as an adviser for this process. Recent outings have included these popular activities:
- Ice Climbing in New Hampshire
- White Water Rafting in Maine
- Climbing at Mt. Monadnock
- Indoor Rock Climbing
- Biking at the Cape Cod Rail Trail
- Shooting Sports at the Maynard Rod & Gun Club
Each summer, our troop offers one week of resident summer camp, with a program designed to provide challenge and fun for Scouts of all ages. This is usually at Camp Resolute in Bolton Massachusetts, which is owned by our local council, Knox Trail Council. Some of the activities which may be offered during summer camp are:
- Aquatics activities such as swimming and snorkeling.
- Shooting sports including archery, rifle, and shotgun.
- Fun on the water with canoeing and kayaking.
- Many opportunities to earn a wide variety of merit badges.
- Early morning lakefront Polar Bear Swim.
- Athletics and sports activities and competitions.
The Scout Slogan is Do a Good Turn Daily. We organize a troop-level Good Turn community service activity each month. Some of these activities occur during weekly troop meetings, and some are planned for other evenings or weekend days.
- Volunteer helpers for Special Olympics.
- Collect food for Sudbury Food Pantry.
- Package and send military care packages.
- Spread mulch in local community gardens.
- Rake leaves for elderly Sudbury residents.
- Trail maintenance for Sudbury Valley Trustees.
In addition to our monthly troop-level Good Turns, our Scouts have many other opportunities to offer community service. You will quite often see Troop 63 Scouts helping out at Sudbury town meeting, or marching in the Sudbury 4th of July parade.